Name Change 101: Destination Wedding Edition w/ HitchSwitch.com
How to Change Your Name After A Destination Wedding
Changing her name? Changing his name? Hyphenating your last name, changing your middle name, not changing your name, or not sure? This episode is for you!
Jake Wolff, is Co-Founder of HitchSwitch.com and NewPassportPhoto.com joins us to go over the many intricacies of changing your name after marriage. These 2 companies are the name-change-life-saving brainchildren of Jake Wolff and Josh Gelb - two friends and attorneys that felt the need for a streamlined, dummy-proof process following their own marriages, so they made it a reality - a 3 step process to change your name!
This interview came in perfect timing because I was right at the beginning of figuring out how to change my own name, so I dug deep and got specific with my questions, which turned into an impromptu name change Mythbusters session.
Listen in to hear about the easiest way to change your name in any state and find out what you need to know about changing your name before AND after your destination wedding -- that's right - I said before AND after.
In this episode, we discussed:
· The difference between a marriage application, marriage license and marriage certificate
· How to change your name after your wedding
· The processes of changing your first name, middle name, last name, and hyphenated last names
· The different State regulations and requirements to change your name
· How to change your name on your passport after marriage
· How to change your name in the US when you had a legal/civil ceremony for your destination wedding.
· The different processes for changing your name due to marriage, having children, divorce and death and everything else in between
· Can men change their name after marriage?
· How to change your name as a same-sex couple for marriage
· And more!
U.S. Department of State - International Travel Info.
(Choose your country and the "Local Laws & Special Circumstances" Section provides marriage, same-sex, religious advisories and so many more details)
EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT PROMO CODE
BRIDEFRIENDS for 10 % off
Jake Wolff, is Co-Founder of HitchSwitch.com and NewPassportPhoto.com. These companies are the name-change-life-saving brainchildren of Jake Wolff and Josh Gelb - two friends and attorneys that felt the need for a streamlined, dummy-proof process following their own marriages, so they made it a reality - a 3 step process to change your name!
Listen to Jake’s full-interview with Omi on the Desti Guide to Destination Weddings Podcast!